Sunday, June 28, 2009

Short from the High



Hi guys,
I was fortunate to short the HOD near the end of the day. I wanted to outline my reasons. Friday's, near the end of the trading day/week, often offer unique opportunities for large break outs or reversals. I am often aggressive at this time in the trading week if the opportunity presents itself (which it often does). This wasn't an amazing trade but I still got 4 points max out of it.

Check out the charts for my thoughts. Questions/comments are surely welcome.

I hope you have a great trading week.

MG

3 comments:

  1. I give you credit for even being at your screens that late on this Friday. That was the deadest session in recent memory. I was already playing volleyball on the beach when this trade presented itself :-)

    Nice work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brian,
    Good to hear from you. I love that time of the week. I have made a good deal of killings then. I didn't expect a gigantic move and I had taken a long bike ride during the duldrums, so I was fresh.

    I think that this time of year especially, we need to be very selective. If I sit all day by the screen, I tend to trade out of boredom.

    Be well,

    MG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you share you settings on ChartHub.com ?

    Dr. Benjamin

    ReplyDelete