Saturday, February 21, 2009

Great Trade Opportunity at High of Day


Hi guys,
Hope you are having a great weekend. Here are two charts that go together. The top one shows the setup on a 30 minute chart. Here is where I saw the trade opportunity develop. Then the 6 tick Reversal chart shows the beautiful and easy set up (confirmation).

Oh, btw, the blue line on the Rev chart is a 2.5 SD of the VWAP. In other words, the market was strongly statistically extended. Notice that I have Footprint Bar Stats for both all trade and for those above 100+. I am just looking at whether this data can give me an extra edge.

Hope it helps,

MG

3 comments:

  1. Hi MGTrader, I'm really enjoying your blog. I'm wondering how you get the bar stats to display different filter settings (in your case one is unfiltered and second one is 100+). I didn't know that was possible.
    Lasker98

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Lasker,
    I'm so glad you are enjoying my blog. Let me explain how to do this.

    Simply add another ES to your chart in a New Pane. Choose your colors and Filter for trades >100. Then, Choose 'Invisible' in footprint types.

    Then Add another Footprint Bar Statistics Indicator. Make sure you associate it with the new ES you just created and choose to add it to the same pane as your new invisible ES.

    Then you should have it exactly like you see in my chart.

    Enjoy,

    MG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lasker,
    One more thing. The new ES seems to lose it's chosen format (colors, Filter > 100 and invisible type)when you first add it. At least it does in my MD. Simply change the settings to the correct ones and all should be fine.

    MG

    ReplyDelete